Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
1. October is romantic with fall colours
.2. The dream i had last night scares me!
3. Leaves are falling all around, it's the beautiful fall colours i love.
4. My favorite horror movie is the ring because its horrifying.
5. Childhood = good memories.
6. It was a dark and stormy night when we drove for 4 hours to Peoria .
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a drive to the downtown, tomorrow my plans include attending a wedding and Sunday, I want to see a dentist if they are open!
I am working out regularly with Sj these days.Hoping to shed some pounds.Hoping to have a good weekend.I really feel i must have a romantic get away with Sj.Feel really need it at this time.Not that anything bad has happened for me.I just feel like we need it.Sometimes i even feel i must have kid soon which might keep me engaged.But i dont want to jump into such major decisions without being really prepared for it.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Itz 11.53 at night and I am sleepless.I know its not the mild steroids for my stuffed nasal cavity thats keeping me awake.
Keypads can be great friends when the close ones cant be closer enough.Hoping to have a good night sleep without the non scary but disturbing dreams i get.
PS: The laptop screen looks the best in the darkness when the only light i see comes from it.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
- We had a great time in pictured rocks and mackinac island.It was the best trip i had taken in a long time.
- Sj is enjoying his new job.
- Its Onam tomorrow, Im missing my country and home badly.
- Having good times and bad dreams.
- Still doubtful, Do dreams really mean anything?
- Believing that past is experience to survive the present.
- Meeting a Prof the the university again.Hoping to get a job.
Friday, August 29, 2008
2. When I take a walk, I think about everything i see around me.
3. Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a ticket to Hawaii[I really wana go there once].
4. Cotton makes me feel hot and leather makes me want to have a fruit leather.
5. The strangest person/character I've had lewd thoughts about was the hero of a novel i read.
6. My favorite color these days is Blue because it brightens my boring days.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to reaching our hotel before its too late at night, tomorrow my plans include a sunset cruise at the Pictured Rocks and Sunday, I want to have lots of fun at the Mackinac Islands!
Done with packing.
i have to take a shower now.
Sj has an office picnic.Would be back by 5.30
Friends coming over for the trip.
Visiting Pictured rocks too.
Visited a Prof in the university of Chicago a few days back.Trying to find a job.He couldn help me though he suggested a few options.Hoping things would be better.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
The maintanance here sucks.The A/C wouldn't run below 72.But they wouldn't replace it till it stops working.Atleast thats what thye say.Disgusting.Its so hot and we have to leave it continously running for 2 days before it touches 70F.I even have the bathroom door lock broken which they repaired twice last week and is again damaged.I just had an argument with the lady at the resident services.There is this one lady over there who really doesn't know how to talk.I dont know who appointed her for the resident service.She argues with me saying that fixing a bathroom lock is not an emergency and i was infuriated.I have guests coming over tomorrow.Its Sj's birthday tomorrow.I gifted him a certificate for massage for an hour at a nearby place tomorrow.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
2. Jealousy is self murder.
3. When I see a shooting star my wish would be that my family and me stay happy and healthy.
4. I'd rather be eating chicken than pork any day!
5. Certain songs when I hear them make me wanna fly back tot he past.
6. If time were in a bottle I wouldn't keep the bottle with me.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to our send off party, tomorrow my plans include attending another birthday party and Sunday, I want to prepare for Neha's birthday party on Monday [:)]!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
“The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.”
1) What were you doing 5 years ago?
Five years ago i had just finished my pre-degree and was making some important decisions as to where to direct my life next.
2) What are 5 things on your to-do list for today?
Today being a saturday, actually nothing much.Sj and friends are playing cricket in the evening.So will go there and meet other wives, take my driving lessons with Sj for sometime,may be clean the house a bit,laundry if i have the mooded for it by evening... :)
3) What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
Lays, chicken sandwitch, french fries, papadi, mirchi baji
4) What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
Build an orphanage,sponser studies for a few kids, shop a lot, buy a BMW,hire a gym trainer...lol
5) What are five jobs you’ve had?
i have never had a regular job other than the part time job i once did for a day for marketing a biscult
I hope you enjoyed my answers. If anyone else wants to do this- go right ahead.I ma tagging anyone who wants to play
Monday, July 7, 2008
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
The company pays for our relocation and lease break and stuff.They would even pay a few bucks extra to us before we move to chicago.So its really cool..I love shopping.We both want to buy a good king size bed, a sofa and someother stuffs for the new apartment.AAAAhhhhhhh!!!! Im so excited.
Sj always wanted a job change.He had applied at so many places,but got very less interviews.Its so difficult to get a new job in US now.But last month, he had 2 interviews, one at chicago and one at Camarillo, California.Sj loves California.Always wanted to work there.But this Chicago job is more rpomising than the other one.So decided to go with this.Moreover we have no friends or relatives in CA. im so glad im moving closer to my dad.Wish me luck everyone.Will update about everything regarding my shifting.Have fun.
I bought a mineral make up for myself.Find it good.But nothing to beat my Loreal 3 in 1 foundation stick.Its really good.Though they suggest that the moneral make up can be worn by itself, i use it like a compact after my Loreal stick and i works better this way for me.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Im very sad now that my mum is leaving.Both my mum n dad very gloomy too.I even saw my dad crying cuz he doesn't wana stay away from my mum.My dad is on a greencard here and my mum can actually visit any time.She got a visa for 10 years.But she has a few responsilities there to take care of and she is working too.I'l write in detail about it later.But im sure my decision to stay here for a week has really helped.My dad wouldn't atleast feel very lonely after my mum has left.Its been almost 2 months since my mother came.But time seems to be in great rush.I hope evryone has a great week ahead.HAve fun.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Friday, May 30, 2008
1. For me vandalism is the opposite of creativity.
2. Da Vinci Code was the last excellent book I read.
3. I like fill-ins because they are fun and i enjoy them.
4. In nature I like looking at flowers and rain.
5. Democrates should win the US elections.
6. The last time I laughed with all my belly was when Sj made fun of me.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Sj's return from California, tomorrow my plans include attending an Indian wedding and Sunday, I want to compensate for my missed dance practices!better late than never.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
2. Trying out new recipes makes me feel like I'm being productive.
3. I love little hatred and big smiles.
4. This summer I want to join for higher studies.
5. Curiosity made me start my blog.
6. Red rose and orange juice.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to my trip to new york, tomorrow my plans include roaming around New York and Sunday, I want to visit Niagra,Im just waiting for it!
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
2. The colourful flowers around remind me that summer is almost here!
3. I cannot live without my family.
4. Snorkelling and Salsa are two things I'd like to try.
5. When life hands you lemons make lemonade.
6. Playing at my grandparents house is my favorite childhood memory.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to last minute shopping for tomorrow's wedding, tomorrow my plans include attending the wedding and Sunday, I want to take dance lessons for the kids!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Friday, May 9, 2008
2. I can see kids playing through my window.
3. Right now, I need some break fast.
4. Nowhere is where I went Thursday night; it was good to be at home.
5.Why does lying on the floor trying to lift my left leg high with my right leg still on the floor with my fingers resting on my head and the head lifted 45 degree to the right hurt so much?
6. All I can think of is Dude, Where's my car?Im watching that movie now.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a dinner at a frind's place and trip to Chicago, tomorrow my plans include shopping and Sunday, I want to be with my parents!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Now goes the bad news.I had mailed a professor at a well known university nearby asking her if i can do volunteer work in her lab.It would have given me some experience though i wouldn't get paid.But she replied with a No.But im glad she atleast replied.Last time i had mailed another guy at the university, he never replied.So guess i would have to wait for some more time before i really start working.
We didn't go to Chicago this weekend and postponed it to next weekend.Next weekend we will go to Chicago and from there to Minneapolis.W e are visiting my cousins there.It would be fun.
Most of the news i come across these days are horrifying. Last week i read a news of a father and daughter married with a kid.That news was nothing less than shocking to me.But this latest one seems like the most disgusting one.I have read about father-daughter rapes before too.But this was the worst.This monster had hidden his daughter in his basement for 24 years and they have 3 living kids together.When ever a kid dies, he just burned the kid's body.Actually he is already in his seventies and i feel he must live another 50 years and lead it in complete misery,in complete torture.He deserves that.But sometimes i dont understand in a country like this where all you need to do is to dial 3 numbers for help, why this girl was doown there without askng for help.Its a strange world.It scares me sometimes when i think where this world is leading us to?Or where we are leading this world to?
Friday, April 25, 2008
2. I love it when the flowers bloom and it heats up outside!
3. Oh no! The internet connection is down, I better watch some TV.
4. Rock of Love is the craziest tv show ever [stupidest too].
5. Cheese and country fried potatoes make a great meal!
6. Flowers are the most beautiful thing about a garden.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a trip to Chicago, tomorrow my plans include shopping for clothes and Sunday, I want to come back home!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Dr. Randy Pausch has a fatal pancreatic cancer.This is the last speech he gave to his students.Its a very inspirational speech.Its hard to believe that a man who is about to die and knows that he is gona die speaks which such confidence.It just proves what an amazing person he is.Please make sure you watch this video.It worth the time you spend on it.It inspires us to live the days left in our lives better.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
2. Boredom is what I'm fed up with!
3. The next book I'd like to read is one from John Grisham.
4. Tonight's party is what I'm looking forward to.
5. If you can't get rid of the skeleton[s] in your closet,give them a make over!
6. The best thing I got in the mail recently was my credit card.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to my parent's 25th anniversary party, tomorrow my plans include taking out my mum for a trip and Sunday, I want to show her more places!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Sunday, April 13, 2008
April 14th, thats tomorrow is a very auspicious day for us.Its called Vishu.
Friday, April 11, 2008
2. Omelette stuffed with chicken and hashbrowns are foods I love to eat for breakfast.
3. It seems I'm always searching for some engagement to kill time .
4. A good dinner with a loved one is a great way to end the day.
5. I think I am struggling to complete these fill-ins and thoroughly enjoying it too!
6. A job is what I've been craving lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to walmart shopping, tomorrow my plans include dance class in the morning and Sunday, I want to talk to my mother !
Thursday, April 10, 2008
There are a lot of movies which are my favs, these just top the just.These are completely my interest and i know u might or might not agree with me.
1.Forrest Gump - I think Tom Hanks was simply superb in this movie.It didn't seem like he was acting, it was like he was living Forrest Gump.
2.God father - I had read the novel before i watched the movie and Francis Ford Copola has done complete justice to the novel in the movie.
3.The English Patient - I dont have words to describe this movie.
4.BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD - One of the best movies i have ever seen in my life.
5.Da Vinci Code - This was the best novel i have ever read and loved watching the movie.
6.Braveheart - I think noone could have played Willaim Wallace better than Mel Gibson.
7.Cold Mountain - I think this is surely one of the best of Renee Zellweger whom i liked more than Nicole Kidman in this movie.
8.The Wedding Planner - This is on the top list of my favourite romantic comedies movies.
9.Some Like It Hot - Hilarious.I never enjoyed any other black and white movie like i enjoyed this.
10.U-Turn - Not necessarily my favourite, but i liked the movie except for the climax.i like the heroes to be alive in the climax...lol.
11.God father 2 - I like this though not as much as the first part.
12.Planes,traines and automobiles - John Candy was sooooo sweeeeet in this movie.I actually sheded a few tears in the end of this movie.It was really funny and touching at the same time.
13.Babies day out - Must be a children's movie, but i love it.
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
CHICKEN CURRY IN 15 MINUTES
This recipe includes many spices which really add flavour to the curry.
1) Skinless chicken - 1 n a half pounds
2)Vegetable oil - 5 table spoon
3)Onion - 1 chopped into small pieces
4)Green Chilli - 2 chopped
5)Ginger garlic paste-2 tea spoon
6)Tomato -2 sliced
7)Chilli powder -quarter tea spoon
8)Cinnamon -3-4 sticks or half teaspoon if powder
Monday, March 31, 2008
1. Where is your mobile phone? Sofa
2. Your signifigant other? Family
3. Your hair? Permed
4. Your mother? Caring
5. Your father? Hero
6. Your favourite thing? Chicken
7. Your dream last night? Forgot
8. Your favourite drink? Water
9. Your dream/goal? Happiness
10. The room you're in? Hall
11. Your ex? Unaware
12. Your fear? Diseases
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Motherhood
14. Where were you last night? Bedroom
15. What you're not? Hypocrite
16. Muffins? Tasty
17. One of your wish list items? Audi
18. Where you grew up? India
19. The last thing you did? Cooked
20. What are you wearing? nighties
21. Your tv? Magnavox
22. Your pets? None
23. Your computer?Toshiba
24. Your life? Fun
25. Your mood? Bored
26. Missing someone? Family
27. Your car? Hyundai
28. Something you're not wearing?rings
29. Favourite Store? J C Penny
30. Your summer? Travelling
31. Like someone? Many
32. Your favourite colour? Black
33. When is the last time you laughed?Now
34. When is the last time you cried? Saturday
35. Who will re-post this? Many
Its really fun.Your turn..go ahead.
Friday, March 28, 2008
2. Britney's is the last concert I saw; it was a dream.
3. Spring should be the best time to see and hear birds.
4. Oh no! I forgot that i have to finish reading the novel by tomorrow!
5. I've recently started an Indian dance class.
6. Flowers and kids never fail to make me smile.
7.And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a short drive with Sj, tomorrow my plans include an interesting get together when all the men in the group have planned to cook for the ladies and Sunday, I want to take a brunch at the nearby restaurant which im planning since weeks and couldn't go since im pathetic in waking up early!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
They say "an idle mind is devil's worshop" and I say "they are so right".My dreams weren't devilish.But I isn't something i must dream about.Its all gone from my life.I have come long ahead, but it wasn't that i was fast,it was that it left me on the way.My journey alone wasn't filled with thorns and stones like they say.But it was mostly roses and flowers.But even roses have thorns and memories do haunt me sometimes.I have moved on,So far that i cant even see it if i turn back or even if i want to,but then y did it leave so many imprints which i find so difficult to erase.Y couldn't it just leave me with all the pain it inficted,without any room for more pain.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
The next day we all got up late in the morning, ate pan cakes and eggs and started off from home by 12noon.We went to Devil's Den State Park which is a pleasant lovely place with waterfalls and trails around.We couldn't take any trails since we had the baby with us.We spent a lot of time there and returned by evening.We had our lunch late in the evening from a Thai restaurant we tracked down with the POI of our GPS.But i didn't find it as appaeling as the Thai food we get in our nearby Thai restaurant.Once back at home, we were all disappointed we had to return that night.We decided to spend quality time together and gave a hand on Rummy and later Pool.There was a pool table on the attic of the cabinet we rented.That was the best time of all... We played continously for 4 hours and had great fun.We finally started our return journey from there by 3.45am sunday morning without any sleep and we were all drained of all the energy left in us.We reached home on Sunday afternoon.All we did was have a buffet lunch from the nearby Indian restaurant and then fall asleep.Sj and me slept from 3.30 in the afternoon to 12.30 am in the morning.At midnight Sj microwaved frozen pan cakes and i had some grapes and juice for dinner.But this helped us little to achieve our threshold energy.So by 1am we were back in bed again and woke up by 8am the next day since it was a monday morning and Sj had work.Though the entire trip was really fun, the return journey proved really hectic for all of us.I took numerous snaps of neha, the sweet, naughty baby with us[She is our friend's kid, and as i always mentioned,both Sj and me love her like our own kid].Here are a few snaps of her during the journey.
1]I hate the unsympathetic person who invented child seats...
2]Cant you see i am bored in this disgusting child seat.Y not gimme some more attention.
3]Okai, If Mamma n you can continue singing more of those nursery rhymes, may be i will try to be pleasant.
Monday, March 24, 2008
I missed the foto hunt on saturday.So im posting it today.The theme was metal.
The first foto is the St.Louis arch.It is completely made of metal and i just loved t when i visited the place last month.It was then that i took this foto.
This metal statue was is found at at Devil's den park, Arkansas.The significance of this can be found in the next foto.
A view on the way to Whitaker point.This deer was special as this was the only one with a horn in the herd...
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
Friday, March 14, 2008
When i ws waiting at the dentist's, i was flipping through the People magazine and there were these two articles which really struck me.A few days back i had made this post.This and then yesterday again this article made me ponder for sometime. The first article was about an 18 years old girl who made her boyfriend murder her whole family including mum,dad and two little brothers just because they denied of her relation with this elder guy.This kind of depressed
me deep in my heart.I really felt numb for sometime.It took me a few minutes to actually continue reading the entire article."SHE ACTUALLY GOT HER WHOLE FAMILY KILLED".God!I mean these younger brothers of hers where kids and innocent.They were shot and then slashed with knives.What is she? A Cannibal??!!...The family was actually a very loving one and the parents were supposed to be intimately close to the kids.The father of the girl after having been shot 5 times, crawled 300 feet into the neighbourhood and got help.This really makes me think the direction in which our world is leading us or we are leading our world.If we cant even love or respect our own immediate family, what would the next generation be like.Poeple are forgetting the value of love and relations.May be within a few years we will go back to the age of bows and arrows.
Now after really feeling downhearted reading this ,something that gave a pleasant feeling to my heart was reading this next article about these American parents.They have a boy who has this genetic disorder of dwarfism which makes the person have a retarded physical growth, but mentally stable.Even before the baby was born, they knew the child had this disorder and still went along with it.After the boy was born, they adopted a Korean Boy of the same age as of their son and who also suffers from the same genetic dwarfism.It was such a noble act of love.They treat both the kids with equal love and care.Both the boys are 12 years now and stand just 3 feet tall.Now both the kids have each other to share this difficult journey with.I mean how thoughtful of the parents.the parenst initially learned a bit of Korean to say "I Love You" and a few other things to their new son.
These were two extremely different articles i read yesterday which really touched my heart.If you haven't talked to your parents,brothers, sisters or any loved ones in the past few days, i just request you to call them today and let them know you love them a lot ,Because this is a weired and uncanny world,we never know what might happen tomorrow....
Thursday, March 13, 2008
.2. The parties hereto do mutually agree not to drag a fight for more than an hour..[hey..its boring after that] .
3. Disney parks are for kids.
4. Week end sounds really good right about now!
5. I positively will finish a novel this weekend[ not that i have started reading one, but i want to :).
6.A phone call from family and friends always makes me smile :-)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to just being at home with Sj, tomorrow my plans include getting a few books from the library and getting some documnets sighed by the notary and Sunday, I want to watch a movies...any movie!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
The book nearest to me now is "The rain Maker" by John Grasham..... here it goes...
"How old are you"?
"You ask a lot of question,"I say with a smile.Her eyes are sparkling.
"Twenty-Five",How old are you?
She thinks about this for a second.
okai... I am tagging Sissy and anybody else who wana play.If you r playing, please leave your link in the comment here so that i can visit ur blog and read your meme.Have a great time all.....
Friday, March 7, 2008
Thursday, March 6, 2008
2. One of my favorite things on my bureau is my diamond ring,hmm...[*updated]does that sound i bit show off though thats the truth..okai, then..i like my small teddy bear too...it a lovely one with flexible long legs....
3. Japanese Cherry Blossom is also seen in India,China and Korea[I am serious...lol].
4.My love seat is my favorite place to sit and read.
5. Any Food and Drinks if given with love are delicious![eh,,,not applicable to jalappinos's beans,boiled potatoes,brinjal and ladies finger and anything without enough salt]
6. I love to watch romance in movies.[i really do]
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going out for dinner with Sj, tomorrow my plans include visiting the library as i couldn't go last week and Sunday, I want to clean the house and do laundry [sob....sob...]!
OMG!I never realized today is thursday.I cant accept the pace at which each day passes.Thanks brenda nd for reminding me that its time for TT.Since i hadn't thought of anything and since i cant think of anything soon,i thught i'l write about Sydney Sheldon.The first novel which i finished in a day in my life was "Windmills Of God" when i was 16.That still remains my favourite thriller.Though I like Shelden's works, he is not my favourite auther.We kind of get used to his novels after 3-4 of them.But i feel noone can create susoense as he does.
1)Sheldon was born Sidney Schechtel in Chicago, Illinois, to parents of Russian Jewish ancestry
2)At 10, he made his first sale, $10 for a poem.
3The Naked Face is his first novel.
4)Sheldon contemplated suicide as a teenager, was forced out of college by the Depression.
5)It was estimated that as many as 300 million copies of his 18 novels are in print, in a total of 51 languages
6)He was in the Army Air Forces service in World War II.
7)Several of his novels became television miniseries, often with the Sheldon severing as producer.
8))Once, fire threatened his California home. Told to snatch his most prized possessions and prepare to flee, he spurned everything but pens and paper.
9)His novels are more appreciated for their reader appeal and hard work than than their literary merit.
10)Mr. Sheldon turned to fiction only in his 50s, after having an idea for a thriller he felt was too psychologically nuanced for film, TV or the stage.
11) He was married for more than 30 years to Jorja Curtright Sheldon, a stage and film actress. After her death in 1985 he married Alexandra Sheldon, a former child actress ana their daughter Mary Sheldon Dastin is an author too.
12)He said in interviews "I like to write about women, who are talented and capable, but most important, retain their femininity. Women have tremendous power, their femininity, because men can't do without it.""I like to write about women, who are talented and capable, but most important, retain their femininity. Women have tremendous power, their femininity, because men can't do without it."
"If I write about a place, I have been there. If I write about a meal in Indonesia, I have eaten there in that restaurant. I don't think you can fool the reader."
13)After a career that had earned him a Tony, an Oscar and an Emmy,Sheldon died January 30, 2007 of complications from pneumonia at Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, California
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants